Chili Stuffed Spaghetti Squash Bowl
Recipe By: Making Thyme for Health
-2 Medium sized Spaghetti Squash
-1 tablespoon olive oil
-1 large onion, diced
-1 bell pepper, cored and diced
-1 teaspoon garlic salt
-2 teaspoons chili powder
-1 teaspoon cumin
-1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder (or smoked paprika)
-1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
-1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
-28 ounces diced fire roasted tomatoes
-4 tablespoons tomato paste
-1/2 cup vegetable broth
-Toppings: Cilantro, Avocado, Dairy-free yogurt
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper, if making full recipe (4 bowls total)
2. Wash spaghetti squash then slice the top off. Then slice length wise and use a spoon to scrape out the seeds and darker yellow.
3. Rub a little oil on edges of squash then place face down on baking sheet and roast for 30-45 minutes.
4. While squash is cooking, prepare the filling. In a large pot warm the olive oil over medium heat.
5. Cook onion until translucent. Then add Bell Pepper and seasonings and stir for 2 more minutes
6. Pour in both cans of beans, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and vegetable broth.
7. Stir together and bring to a boil, then bring to simmer for 15 minutes.
8. When squash is done cooking allow to cool, then add filling, and top with toppings! Enjoy!