Customers in the following cities are eligible to return their packaging to our facility:
West Des Moines
HOW TO RECYCLE YOUR FARM PRODUCE DIRECT PACKAGING
Place any packaging from your Farm Produce Direct order that you wish to return (including cardboard box, ice packs, bubble wrap, Styrofoam, etc.) outside in the same location and on the same day you will receive your next Farm Produce Direct order.
When our driver arrives to deliver your next Farm Produce Direct order, they will take the packaging you left outside and return it to our facility.
We will sanitize and safely reuse whatever packaging we can, and we will recycle whatever packaging we cannot reuse.
NOTE: Due to food safety concerns, we cannot recycle any packaging that was not originally delivered by Capital City Fruit. This includes, but is not limited to, boxes from other delivery services, plastic grocery bags, and any other packaging not belonging to the Capital City Fruit brand.If you set out packaging to recycle, our drivers will only remove Capital City Fruit packaging. Thank you for your understanding.
We hope to expand our reuse and recycling program in the future to regions outside of the Des Moines Metro Area. For those outside of our reuse and recycling program region, here are some ideas on reusing or recycling your packaging:
Bubble wrap is recyclable. To recycle bubble wrap correctly, make sure you:
• Pop all the air bubbles out of the bubble wrap.
• Our ice packs are made with nontoxic, biodegradable gel.
• Reuse your ice packs in your children's school lunches, picnic coolers, to soothe injuries, or donate them to a local school or shelter.
• Our silver bag liners and Styrofoam coolers are not recyclable.
• Reuse to keep food hot or cold during transport on long car rides, at sporting events, or at a family barbecue.
• Store in your car to keep groceries cool when running errands.
• Reuse your Styrofoam for craft projects with kids, or donate to your local after-school or daycare programs.
• Our cardboard boxes are recyclable and can be set out with your regular curbside recycling.