Healthy Carrot Muffins
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup rolled or quick oats
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- Approx. ¾ cup grated carrot
- ½ cup grated zucchini
- ½ cup grated apple
- ¼ cup canola oil
- Approx. ¾ cup mashed bananas (or 2 mashed bananas + ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 24-cup mini (or regular sized) muffin tin.
2. Add flour, oats, baking soda, and salt to a large bowl and mix to combine.
3. In a separate bowl, add eggs and whisk to break up the yolks. Add canola oil, grated carrot, grated zucchini, grated apple, and mashed bananas. Mix until combined.
4. Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients bowl and fold everything together until just combined.
5. Pour batter into prepared muffin tins and bake at 350°F for about 18-22 minutes (32-35 if using regular sized tins), or until muffins are golden brown.
6. Remove from oven and tins and let cool completely on a cooling rack before enjoying.
What you'll need for this recipe: