Mini Bell Pepper Nachos
- 1 lb. mini sweet peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 lb. ground beef, chicken, or turkey
- 1 ½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup chopped tomato
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. oregano
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- Other toppings as desired: sour cream, avocado, cilantro, jalapeño, red onion, etc.
1. In a small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper, oregano, and red pepper flakes.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown ground beef for 7 to 10 minutes until just cooked through. Add spice mixture and sauté until well combined, then remove from heat.
3. Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Arrange mini sweet peppers in a single layer, cut-side up. Sprinkle ground beef mixture and shredded cheese evenly onto peppers. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and top with chopped tomatoes and any other desired toppings. Enjoy!
What you'll need for this recipe: