Parmesan Spaghetti Squash
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 28-oz. can whole tomatoes
- 1 tsp. sugar
- ¼ cup freshly chopped basil
- 1 spaghetti squash, halved and seeded
- 3 tbsp. butter
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Arrange broccoli florets on baking sheet, drizzle with 1 tbsp. olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss gently to coat evenly, then roast for 20 minutes or until brown.
2. While broccoli is baking, heat remaining 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pot. Add onion and cook for 4 minutes, or until tender, then add 1 clove garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Add tomatoes and juices, and gently crush tomatoes with wooden spoon. Let sauce come to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in sugar and basil, and season with salt and pepper.
3. In large sauté pan, heat 1 tbsp. butter. Add remaining 1 clove garlic and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant, then add spaghetti squash and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until soft. Stir in Parmesan and remaining 2 tbsp. butter, then season with salt and pepper.
4. Serve spaghetti squash with tomato sauce on top and roasted broccoli on the side. Garnish with extra Parmesan, if desired.
What you'll need for this recipe: