Best-Ever Banana Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- Optional: 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Optional: chopped toasted walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350º F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and grease with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
3. In another large bowl, mix together melted butter, sugar, egg and egg yolk, sour cream and vanilla. Add mashed bananas and stir until combined. Gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients until just combined.
4. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts, if preferred, and transfer to prepared loaf pan.
5. Bake for approx. 1 hour, or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes in loaf pan, then turn out onto a cooling rack to let cool completely.
What you'll need for this recipe: