Carrot Hot Dogs
- 8 carrots, peeled and trimmed to hot dog bun length
- 8 hot dog buns
- 1 cup soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tbsp. liquid smoke
- 2 tbsp. steak sauce or vegan worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. ketchup or tomato paste
- 2 cups water
1. In a medium saucepan, whisk together liquid ingredients.
2. Add peeled carrots and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat to a medium simmer and cook carrots until barely fork-tender, 8-10 minutes depending on thickness.
4. Remove from the cooking liquid and serve with desired toppings.
Instant Pot/Pressure Cooker Instructions
1. Add carrots and lock the lid. Cook at high pressure for 3 minutes, then release pressure manually.
2. Let sit in the marinade for 15-20 minutes, simmering in the liquid if not all the way cooked.
- Classic: ketchup, mustard, relish, onions
- Vegan mac n' cheese
- Vegan chili
What you'll need for this recipe: