Creamy Potato Soup
Recipe provided by Capital City Fruit employee
- 6 medium russet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 6 celery stalks, diced
- 2 quarts water
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 6 tbsp. butter or margarine
- 6 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 ½ cups milk
1. Cook potatoes in boiling, salted water until tender. Melt butter in a large pot until golden brown. Add carrots and onion. Cover and cook until tender.
2. Remove from heat. Blend in flour. Stir in milk. Add half of the potatoes and mash them. Return pot to medium heat. Add remaining ingredients (including the other half of the potatoes) and cook for 10 minutes more, or until the mixture is hot.
What you'll need for this recipe: