Skillet Nacho Dip
- 2 cooked ground beef patties, finely crumbled
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion, divided
- 2 tbsp. seeded minced jalapeño
- ½ cup chopped tomato
- ½ cup chopped avocado
- 1 ½ tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 cup drained unsalted canned pinto beans
- 2 oz. pre-shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (about ½ cup)
- 2 oz. pre-shredded 2% reduced-fat Mexican blend cheese (about ½ cup)
- 2 ½ cups baked tortilla chips
- 2/3 cup unsalted beef stock
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. olive oil
1. Preheat broiler with oven rack in upper middle position.
2. Heat oil in large cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add ½ cup onion and jalapeño to pan; sauté for about 4 minutes or until tender. Add flour, cumin, and chili powder. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and stir in crumbled beef patties and beans; cook for 2 minutes. Stir in mozzarella; cook for 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Remove pan from heat.
3. Sprinkle Mexican-blend cheese over pan and broil for 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup red onion, tomato, and avocado over pan. Serve with chips.
What you'll need for this recipe: