- 14 jalapeño peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 2 tbsp. chopped seeded tomato
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz. fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 oz. extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- 2 center-cut bacon slices
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Cooking spray
1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
2. Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan; drain on paper towels. Crumble bacon.
3. Combine crumbled bacon, cheeses, and next 4 ingredients (through garlic) in a bowl, stirring well to combine. Divide cheese mixture evenly to fill the pepper halves.
4. Place peppers, cheese sides up, on grill rack or grill grate coated with cooking spray. Cover and grill peppers 8 minutes or until bottoms of peppers are charred and cheese mixture is lightly browned. Place peppers on a serving platter. Sprinkle with cilantro and tomato.
What You'll Need for this Recipe: