Vegetarian Spring Rolls
- 1 package rice paper rounds
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup grated or julienned carrots
- 1/4 cup purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- Basil, to taste
- Mint, to taste
- Cilantro, to taste
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 small jalapeño, sliced
For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. Sriracha, or to taste
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil, or to taste
1. Soak rice paper sheets in warm water until soft, about 30 seconds to one minute. Process one sheet at a time, otherwise they will stick together.
2. Lay a rice paper sheet out on a clean surface and place a small amount of each ingredient in the center. Play with different combinations of ingredients, and add lime juice or chili sauce if you like.
3. Fold both sides of the rice paper over the filling and gently roll up. Serve with your favorite spicy hot dipping sauce or peanut sauce and enjoy!
Additional Spring Roll Filling Ideas:
- Bell pepper
- Vermicelli rice noodles
What you'll need for this recipe: