Vegan Irish Colcannon
Recipe by: The Spruce Eats
5 large potatoes
1 head of cabbage
3 leeks, sliced
1 cup of soy milk
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground Nutmeg, optional
Salt, to taste
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Place the potatoes in a large pot with water that covers the potatoes. Bring to a boil and cook for 20 minutes or till tender.
2. In a separate pot, boil the whole cabbage for 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
3. In another pot or skillet, cook leeks in soy milk until tender, roughly 15 minutes.
4. When potatoes are done cooking until, mash them together with leeks, soy milk, nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
5. Add cabbage and stir to combine.
6. Add more salt and pepper to taste.